MDJS stands against all forms of discrimination on the grounds of ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or ability.
This is achieved through the following objectives:
* Deliver a Curriculum which ensures that ALL children achieve their full potential and which prepares pupils for life in the 21st Century.
* Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between pupils and all groups of pupils; especially pupils eligible for free-school meals, pupils with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and pupils from minority ethnic groups.
* To move beyond the idea that ability is fixed and to model teaching and learning behaviours that encourage a growth mindset.
* To ensure the school environment is as accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
* To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences, both in and beyond the school.
* To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the Curriculum.