What Can You Do?
- Take an active interest in what your children are doing online
- Keep a record of your child’s accounts and passwords for sites and check them if you are concerned
- Check your Internet history if you suspect your child has been on sites that are not suitable
- Limit approved Web sites and hours spent online
- Use Parental Control Software to limit the websites your child can visit
- Set high security settings on Browsers and Safe Search settings on Search Engines
- Use Kiddle or Swiggle for searching the Internet
- Talk to your child about protecting private/personal information (name, phone number, address, passwords, videos and photos)
- Encourage your children to speak to you if they see anything that upsets them online
- Children should know never to meet up with anyone they have met online without a trusted adult present
- Stick to the fun and positive sides of the Internet!