Welcome from the Headteacher
Always working in Warwickshire and growing up in the local area I am fully aware of the high standards that Michael Drayton Junior School has and the positive contribution it makes to the area so when I was asked to join the school as Headteacher, it was an absolute honour, and of course I was more than happy to accept.
Years have since passed and the school continues to develop and go from strength to strength. I have too developed my leadership over the years and believe that Michael Drayton Junior School offers pupils first class education; offering a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum. Our collective aim is to give ALL pupils the opportunity to fulfil their potential and recognise that this is not possible without the support from parents – we thank you in advance
for your support throughout your child’s journey in our school. My team and I pride ourselves on having high expectations, wanting your children to receive nothing but the best whilst in our care.
By choosing to send your child to our school you are automatically agreeing to:
· ensure that your child attends school every day unless an illness or exeptional circumstances (to be agreed in advance) prevents them from doing so
· adhere to each and every school policy
· follow school procedures
· support the school and staff in their decision making
· teach your child basic life skills e.g. telling the time, tying shoe laces, using manners, to eat with a knife and fork, dress themselves, days of the week/months of the year etc..
· contribute to your child’s education by supporting them at home – listening to them read, practising timetables, completing homework etc..
· provide them with the necessary equipment: uniform, coat, PE kit etc…
· meet school deadlines e.g. signing home-link books, handing in letters etc..
· provide the school with up to date contact details
· inform the school of any change in the home environment that may impact on your child’s wellbeing
September 2018 saw our school grow from 4 form entry to 5, welcoming 150 new pupils to our Year 3. Like previous years, this academic year plans to be exciting and packed full of new learning. We will continue to raise standards, further improve the school environment and create even more memorable experiences for all involved.
I look forward to sharing your child’s learning journey with you.
Mr. Carl Lewis
Acting Head Teacher (maternity cover)
Whilst Mrs. Compton-Belcher is on maternity leave, I will be the acting Head Teacher for Michael Drayton Junior School. I have been the Head Teacher at Warter Orton Primary School for 15 years and chair of the Coleshill and Kingsbury Consortium of nine schools and the Local Authority for a similar amount of time.
I will do my best to live up to Mrs. Compton-Belcher's high standards and will help keep the school running (but not change it) until she returns in the summer. I will spend one day per week at Water Orton to support the acting head teacher and staff there.
The staff at MDJS will continue to be your first port of call if you have any concerns. However, please do say hello if you see me on the playground and do not hesitate to get in touch if for any reason an issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction by your child's teacher or team leader and you require my help.
Deputy Head Teacher
I have worked in a number of schools within Warwickshire before working at Michael Drayton Junior School and was fully aware of the strong reputation that the school had when I applied. I am very proud to be Deputy Headteacher at such a caring and innovative school. I believe that we strive to do all we can to ensure your children achieve their potential both academically and socially and I look forward to being part of their journey. If you would like to put a face to a name, I look forward to chatting to you on the playground either before or after school.
Assistant Head Teacher
Having taught in all year groups at Michael Drayton for more than a decade I am proud to be a member of the Senior Leadership Team. I am an enthusiastic teacher who leads by example and wishes for the best for every pupil at the school. I strive to help pupils and families ‘ Be the best they can be’. I am friendly and approachable and look forward to meeting with you.