Cultural Capital at MDJS
Cultural Capital at Michael Drayton
At Michael Drayton, we aim to offer our pupils a broad and varied curriculum – a curriculum that is embedded with the key cultural knowledge and experiences that are essential in preparing our children to become successful citizens in their futures.
We want to create opportunities that enrich our children’s understanding of the world around them, exposing them to knowledge and experiences that will drive them to aspire to be the best they can be whilst understanding they have the ability to access any profession they desire if they have the ambition to achieve it.
What cultural capital means to us:
- An understanding of influences and culture that have shaped our own heritage as well as that of others.
- Educational visits, talks and experiences.
- Exploring modern and classic literature as well as the Arts.
- An understanding of different cultures both within school and further afield.
- Opportunities to appreciate, participate in and enjoy artistic, sporting and cultural opportunities.
- Understanding the world through its history, geography and cultural influences.