Our curriculum aims to provide children with a secure understanding of real people and real events from the past. We want children to really grasp the chronology of Britain’s past and how it fits into the wider world. Children are encouraged to investigate and explore significant aspects of British history as well as those from all around the world, including ancient civilisations, empires, societies and the achievements of mankind.
We aim to encourage children to:
- Learn key historical knowledge
- Have chronologically secure knowledge and understanding of British, local and world history
- Identify connections, contrasts and trends over time
- Question changes and causes in history whilst exploring the impact of these events
- Use a range of sources to enhance and support their knowledge and understanding within history