How do we share information with parents and involve them in planning provision to meet their children's needs?
- When assessing special educational needs, we will discuss with you your child’s history and needs at home and at school. We take this into account and work with you so that we are all helping your child to make progress in the same way.
- You will be informed of any additional intervention your child will be receiving and where appropriate we will write and review Individual Education Plans with pupils and parents/carers.
- We hold a Parents’ Evening meeting every term that allows all school staff, the SENCo and family or carers involved with a child, to share information, celebrate progress and achievement and plan next steps.
- Class teachers and the SENCo are available at the end of every school session to discuss any concerns you may have about your child, or to share information that either party feels would be useful to the other.
- Children are provided with a Home-School Link Book which can be used as a form of communication between you, your child and the teacher.
- We use homework to repeat and practice activities that are new and presenting a challenge to a pupil. If you have any concerns about homework, please see your child’s class teacher.
- We have a wide range of learning activities available on our website that parents can access with their children at home. All children are provided with a log-in for our site, and training is offered for parents so that they are familiar with the wealth of opportunities available, and how to access them.