What support will there be for my child's overall well-being?
- The school offers a wide variety of pastoral support for pupils who are encountering emotional, social and behavioural difficulties.
- Members of staff such as the class teacher, teaching assistants, SENCo and Learning mentor are readily available for pupils who wish to discuss issues and concerns.
- The Learning Mentor runs wellbeing groups targeting social skills, self-esteem, emotional wellbeing and anger management.
- Pupils who find lunchtimes difficult are able to access the Calm Room run by an experienced teaching assistant. There are also dedicated play leaders who involve children in play opportunities outside.
- We value the views, opinions and feelings of our pupils and once a term discussions take place between pupils and the SENCo and Learning Mentor to seek their views on a range of school issues.
Pupils with medical needs:
- If a pupil has a medical need then a detailed Care Plan is compiled by the SENCo in consultation with parents/carers and the School Nurse. These are discussed with all staff involved with the pupil.
- Where necessary and in agreement with parents/carers medicines are administered in school where a signed Health Care plan is in place. Anti-biotics may be given in some circumstances on discussion with the office staff and on completion of a medication form.