Junior Road Safety Officers
Committee Aims Statement for Junior Road Safety Officers
The Junior Road Safety Officers are a group of six Year 5 children who keep individuals safe on the road, especially when travelling to and from school.
The children in the group meet once every three weeks and during this time they discuss road safety awareness, healthy travelling choices (such as cycling and walking) and ways to promote road safety through competitions and assemblies. The Junior Road Safety Officers aim to show how important it is to stay safe on the road and when travelling to school.
The role of a Junior Road Safety Officer is to:
- Be an example to other pupils
- Maintain the school noticeboard
- Report important messages in assemblies
- Organise competitions and give out prizes when necessary.
- Allow young people to be role models.
- To promote active travel by being ‘active ambassadors’ eg/ walking or cycling to school.
- To work as a team and to make decisions collaboratively.
- To include feeder schools when promoting road safety.
- To inform young people of the dangers and precautions so that individuals are safe on the roads.
- To allow children to communicate and promote road safety with PSCO.
Junior Road Safety Officers 2023/24:
Edwin - 5JW
Emily - 5AS
Lacey-Mai - 5DK
Gracie - 5JP
Rose - 5SW